Order your Potted Petal kit and printed pattern from Traditional Primitives now! What fun this one will be! We can't wait to share these wonderful blocks with you. You may purchase a variety of options for this special event. ** If your shipping seems high, no worries- we will refund any over charge when we print the labels. Sometimes we have to adjust as we set up large listings like this. Thanks for your patience with this issue!
- Fabric Kit with fabric and woolens just like my block for $18.99
- Printed Pattern with the fabric kit for $24.99 which includes the preprinted freezer paper templates ready to iron to the wool and cut out (YAY-No tracing needed!! If you use fusible you can just copy these pages and reverse only a few shapes noted in the pattern!)
- Thread Kit for $41.29 with 12 threads that have been chosen as perfect matches for the wools in the block and will be the perfect addition to your stash. There are 11 balls of Valdani 3 Strand Floss plus one spool of Sulky Cotton Petites. I've chosen floss over pearl cotton for this project because the floss is smaller and will let the wool shine with beauty. It's a dream to pull through the cotton and wool with no bulk or stress. The Sulky Cotton Petite spool is a lovely 12 weight and also is a dream to stitch with!
- Printed Pattern alone for $6 which includes those preprinted freezer paper template pages ready to go. (The free download will be available Feb 8th in the Downloadable Patterns section of the website.)
I've also chosen some special supplies to make this project so enjoyable- afterall, the best notions are what makes this handwork art enjoyable!
- Long Arm Stapler- Get into the middle of any block to staple those shapes in place! When using fusible or glue stick many times the adhesion lifts from the background fabric as we handle it while stitching. Staples hold it right in place and there are no pin ends to catch on the thread. This stapler is the best for this! Pick up some staples at your local retailer.
- Small Kai Scissors- great for small shapes to cut them accurately!
- Missie's Favorite Wool Applique' needles- 10 needles per tube. These are longer and thinner, gliding through the cotton and wool fabric with ease. These work for most threads (but not 5 pearl cotton). A delight to stitch with!
- Missie's Favorite Thimbles- one suede strip- you cut the length you desire! One strip is enough for about 35 reusable suede thimbles that stick to your finger over and over.
- Wool Applique' and Needle Turn Freezer Paper- Do you need an extra pack on hand for future projects? This paper is great and is a bargain at $9.99 for 75 sheets!
- Barely There Printable Fusible Adhesive- A great fusible to get you going on the project fast because it is printable. Missie prefers glue stick to adhere her shapes, but if you like fusible, this one is great!
- Traditional Primitives Tote Bag to carry your project in! We'll give you one free when your order totals $100- just like we do at quilt shows. Take a look around the site to see what else you need! If this is the first time here at TraditionalPrimitives.com be sure to check out how I baste English Paper Piecing with original notions. It's a great shortcut to make it easy, fast and precise!
- Check through the related products at the bottom of the page for more helpful notions!
Beginning Jan 11th, 2021, and every Monday following, one of the 12 participating design teams will feature our own Potted Petals featuring wool applique on homespun background. Follow the schedule shown in one of the photos here and visit each designer's website and social media to download a Free pattern. Complete the project with finishing instructions the last week of the program. When put together you will have a quilt like no other and it's free for a limited amount of time.
Here is a list of the other designers participating in the order of their block release-