Special Delivery is such a fun project. Simple wool applique' with some simple stitchery add up to a great block. Make this block into a pillow, wall hanging or make two for a table runner! Enjoy!
- Fabric Kit with fabric and woolens just like my block for $18.99
- Printed Pattern with the fabric kit for $24.99 which includes the preprinted freezer paper templates ready to iron to the wool and cut out (YAY-No tracing needed!! If you use fusible you can just copy these pages and reverse only a few shapes noted in the pattern)
- Thread Kit for $41.29 with 12 threads that have been chosen as perfect matches for the wools in the block and will be the perfect addition to your stash. There are 11 balls of Valdani 3 Strand Floss plus one spool of Sulky Cotton Petites. I've chosen floss over pearl cotton for this project because the floss is smaller and will let the wool shine with beauty. It's a dream to pull through the cotton and wool with no bulk or stress. The Sulky Cotton Petite spool is a lovely 12 weight and also is a dream to stitch with!
- Printed Pattern alone for $10 which includes the preprinted freezer paper template pages ready to go.
I've also chosen some special supplies to make this project so enjoyable- afterall, the best notions are what makes this handwork art enjoyable!
- Long Arm Stapler- Get into the middle of any block to staple those shapes in place! When using fusible or glue stick many times the adhesion lifts from the background fabric as we handle it while stitching. Staples hold it right in place and there are no pin ends to catch on the thread. This stapler is the best for this! Pick up some staples at your local retailer.
- Small Kai Scissors- great for small shapes to cut them accurately!
- Missie's Favorite Wool Applique' needles- 10 needles per tube. These are longer and thinner, gliding through the cotton and wool fabric with ease. These work for most threads (but not 5 pearl cotton). A delight to stitch with!
- Missie's Favorite Thimbles- one suede strip- you cut the length you desire! One strip is enough for about 35 reusable suede thimbles that stick to your finger over and over.
- Wool Applique' and Needle Turn Freezer Paper- Do you need an extra pack on hand for future projects? This paper is great and is a bargain at $9.99 for 75 sheets!
- Heat n Bond Light Fusible Adhesive- A great fusible option. Missie prefers glue stick to adhere her shapes, but if you like fusible, this one is great!